Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Swimming Inspiration

For the last few weeks we have been having swimming lessons with Skills4Life. We have 3 sessions a week and it is an important and exciting part of our curriculum. Because of this we have been using it as inspiration for a lot of our writing. We have written recounts, sense poems, learning logs etc. Enjoy some of our writing about our experiences in the pool!


For the last four weeks we have been taking swimming lessons from Skills for Life. Something I enjoyed was kicking, bubbling, arm circles and the rings. The kicking was splashy, the water went everywhere! The arm circles felt like a whirlpool.
When I first got in it was cold but then I got used to it, then it was warm. Then I got hiccups because I stayed in too long.
It was so fun !

- By Ivy


I see children playing in the pool.
I hear children shouting.
I feel the waves coming over me.
I taste the water, it tastes like salt.
I smell dirty water.
- by Sophia


It looks like prison gates as you walk in. 
It sounds quiet while you are under the water. 
The hot sun feels burning on my back. 
It tastes like disgusting chlorine on my tongue. 
The changing room smells like old pee. 
- By Maddox 




The water in the pool looks like blue jelly swimming in the water. 
In the pool it sounds like silly monkeys splashing in the water. 
It feels like bouncing on yummy jelly. 
It tastes like chilly water in the pool coming into our mouths. 
It smells like smelly togs. 

- By Ivan 



'Splish, Splash!'The pool was so cold! 
It was Wednesday the 7th of February and it in the Sunnybrae School pool. I went with Room 17 and Miss Roding and the swimming instructors. 
We lined up and did our arm strokes. That is how the swimming instructors put us into groups. We did bubble breathing, back stroke and other things that were so much fun. At the end we did the plastic rings. Our instructors threw the rings and we had to dive under to find them. After we hopped out and put on our towels , we went in the changing rooms to get dressed. Then we came out and went to morning tea. I had a great time with our swimming instructors. 
- By Breanna



Brr, it’s so cold in here! On Wednesday the 7 of February in the morning 10:30 am we did our first swimming lesson! There was Miss Roding, me, Room 17 and the instructors. We went to the school pool to go swimming so that we could learn how to swim. First  we lined up and went to the school swimming pool. Next we got changed and lined up on the side of the pool so that we could go and do our assessment . After we did our assessment we got into our groups and they taught us things like: arm circles, dive for rings and much more! When we left we got changed back into our school uniforms, and went back to class for morning tea. This was room 17s first swimming lesson.
- By Smrithi


1 comment:

  1. I miss doing our swimming at school, it was fun.

    ReplyDelete

Being Brainy

We had Being Brainy come in and spend an afternoon with them. Here are some reflections of what we did.  On Monday we had a p...