Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Exploring Nature through our Senses

We have been writing sense poems based on our Theme topic of the Natural World - finding out all about Trees and Plants. 

We went for a bush walk and wrote down all the things we observed. We then spent the rest of the week writing, proof-reading, re-crafting and editing our poems. They are beautifully published on our wall in the shape of leaves falling from our tree decorated with flowers of our faces but we thought we would bring some for you to read here. Enjoy some of our masterpieces! 



I can see bark rippling down a tree like a graceful waterfall.
I can hear a bird chirping a unique and beautiful tune.
I can feel tiny mosquitoes piercing my skin.
I can smell sweet flowers with amazing and pretty scents.
I can taste fresh air moisturising my tongue.
- By Smrithi



I see the rain on the leaves slowly dripping down to the ground.
I hear the birds chirping away and hear the insects buzzing like bees.
I feel the cold breeze on my body and feel the dried up leaves crumbling as I touch them.
I smell the dirt from the ground.
I taste the thin air.
By Ayden


In the forest I hear saddlebacks squawking from tree to tree.
I find beautiful ivy and ugly mosquitoes stinging us.
I see birds singing and bugs working and leaves moving.
I see cicada shells sticking to the trees. 
-by Hiroto


I can see feathers falling on the ground, 
I can hear aeroplanes, big and loud. 
I can feel mosquito bites -
they give people quite a fright. 
I can smell some fresh, fresh wind
Somehow its quiet - not even a grind. 
- By Kaleb


I see old trees full of green leaves.
I hear wind blowing through the soft grass.
I feel itchy on my feet.
I smell grass coming towards me.
I taste salt in my mouth.

-by Luke 


I see rainbow birds flying. 
I hear the caterpillars chewing on leaves. 
I feel soft leaves on my hand. 
I smell the dusty grass. 
I taste leaves, sweet like candles. 
- By Prisha



I see trees and leaves, some leaves look like fans.
I see shiny ladybirds. I hear mosquitoes and cicadas.
I hate mosquitoes. I have itchy bites on my feet, legs, hand, arm, body, head, and back.
I like cicada shells, they feel nice.
I feel smooth trees and cicada skin.
It is very spikey to stand on the little sticks, it hurts.
Down bush the wind is wet. On the field the wind is colder.
It tastes like germs and seeds.

-Dawei 


I see trees blowing in the wind, colourful birds flying and wet leaves falling. 
I hear birds and cicadas chirping. 
I feel the wind blowing past me. 
I smell the dewy air. 
I taste muddy dirt and dripping grass. 
I feel damp grass soaking through my socks, dew drops raining down on mushrooms. 
I see the bark on trees getting damper and damper. 
- By Eve 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Being Brainy

We had Being Brainy come in and spend an afternoon with them. Here are some reflections of what we did.  On Monday we had a p...