Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Drum Workshop

Last Friday we had a special visitor come to our school where the whole Middle Syndicate spent a whole hour singing and clapping and beating our drums. Check out some of our sense descriptions about what we saw, heard and felt.

I saw drums in big metal bars, Johnny who told us how to use the drums and my red and numb hands.
I heard very loud drums,
music to play the drums and people shouting.
I felt mad because my hand was hurt and  happy because Johnny told us the Senior’s tune.

- Dawei



I saw wooden drums and the middle syndicate playing drums.
I heard banging drums and loud clapping.
I felt very nervous because lots of people were there.
- Luke

I saw lots of children beating the bass.
I heard the drums beating different beats.
I felt the hard skin covering the African drums.
- Riyan

I saw lots of people playing very loud drums.
I heard people screaming and shouting really loud.
I felt confused because Jonny was making different beats
- Ivan


I saw lots of people beating drums.
I heard people doing the drums.
I felt happy because it was very nice.

- Anica 


I saw kids playing drums.
I heard drum sounds and they were really loud.

I felt my hands and they were sore.
- Petelo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Being Brainy

We had Being Brainy come in and spend an afternoon with them. Here are some reflections of what we did.  On Monday we had a p...